Welcome to Bangalore Cancer Support group (Connect to Heal) Blog page

Welcome to Bangalore Cancer Support Group (Connect To Heal) Blog Page
Contact us : Cancer.survivors.help@gmail.com
Visit our website Connect To Heal

Friday, June 30, 2017

Understanding Emotions

Understanding Emotions

Taking care of Yourself

Your Feelings may change a lot. IT is common to feel a sense of loss. Cry when you need to. Sometimes we tried to be strong by being silent. Being strong so that you don’t burden your family is a natural reaction. You may want to protect your family by not sharing your feeling with them. Try not to let your worries or a busy life get in the way of caring for yourself. IT is not always easy to accept help, but getting help is a sign of strength.

You can Get through this

When you Need Extra Help

Healing takes times.  It’s OK to feel sad for yourself, as long as it doesn’t last too long or keep you from getting treatment. If it does, you may need to ask for help.

            Ask your doctor, counselors or talk to some one whom you trust.
            Its important for you to do what makes you feel the most comfortable.

I’ve been dealing with my cancer in stages. My first reaction was fear. As I went through it, my faith got greater, and I came out with hope.”

I was the key part of my family. I had to be strong for them, so I never really faced what I was going through.

I think the hardest part is that my life is not like it was. I had to readjust. You’ve got rearrange things.


Getting Support

Seeking Positive People and Help

When we are stressed, it helps us to be with positive and supportive people. Family, Friends, Support Groups, and your spiritual community may offer the kind of help and comfort you need. Your healthcare team , including your social worker, can also be a resource for you.

Sometimes people do not know how to be sensitive or understanding. They may be afraid for you or in a bad mood. You do not have to share with people who are negative and unsupportive. You can decide who you want to talk to and go for support.

Things to think about.

Family and Friends. Tell them how you feel and what you need. Don’t be shy about explaining things they might not know.
Your Family may feel like they have to Fix the Cancer. They may feel frustrated that they cant. Let them know that fixing it is not their job. But being there for you is.


Let your support persons know that it is OK to have their own life. Some times you may need a break from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment