Welcome to Bangalore Cancer Support group (Connect to Heal) Blog page

Welcome to Bangalore Cancer Support Group (Connect To Heal) Blog Page
Contact us : Cancer.survivors.help@gmail.com
Visit our website Connect To Heal

Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Role of Friends

 The Role of Friends

Good, Close, intimate friends are often the mainstay for survivors fighting cancer. One of the fears that many survivors have is being too dependent on one person; the presence of friends and family can alleviate this fear. As you go through tough times, remember that friends.

 Add “ normalcy” of life and the opportunity to be connected to world and other things besides cancer.

Help by seeing and relating to a woman with advanced cancer as a friend first and a patient with cancer second.

Act as a safe outlet for feelings and emotions.

“ I soon learned that most of my friends would take their cue from me. I lost a couple along the way because they couldn’t handle my diagnosis. One I left behind because I was too pessimistic. Again I have chosen to be candid and open about my illness, the limitations and my feelings.

Friends support is precious beyond words. I have friends with whom I can share joy, anger, terror, depression. They will  cook for me, drive me to the hospital, comfort me, distract me, pray for me and with me

No comments:

Post a Comment