Welcome to Bangalore Cancer Support group (Connect to Heal) Blog page

Welcome to Bangalore Cancer Support Group (Connect To Heal) Blog Page
Contact us : Cancer.survivors.help@gmail.com
Visit our website Connect To Heal

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Pulling together a Support System



Everyone’s support system is different, but nobody goes through cancer alone. For example, loved ones also feel the impact of your illness. Your doctors and nurses are part of your support system and are affected by many aspects of your experience with cancer. Most of us have important people in our lives who will help us cope with cancer treatments and the daily effects of cancer. These special people might not always be a family member. Sometimes they are friends or coworkers And sometimes they aren’t people, even pets.

“ I still deal with feelings of resentment that others have much less complicated lives than me.”

Relationships with friends and family members may changes as a result of coming to terms with advanced cancer. Perhaps people we’ve counted on in the past as part of our support system will disappoint us later. Conversely having cancer may bring about meaningful relationships with people who were only peripherally involved in our lives before the diagnosis. Always remember that you can choose your own support system to fill your life in ways that are uplifting and appropriate.

I cant imagine how I could have survived without friends My needs would have been too much for any one person. My friend -  to  shoulder alone. Most importantly, although they are not afraid to stand with me as I face cancer, they treat me as a friend first and cancer patient only when appropriate.


1 comment: